A new web resource, ArtsResearchMonitor.com, provides easy access to individual articles from current and past issues of the Arts Research Monitor.
The site should be of tremendous use to artists, arts managers,funders, policy makers, researchers and others with an interest inlearning more about the arts and culture. The synopses of qualitativeand quantitative research findings can be applied to:
- arts and culture management
* business, strategic and career planning
* policy making
* program design
ArtsResearchMonitor.com provides categories, quick links and easy search access to all Arts Research Monitor articles. In its first four years of existence, the Arts Research Monitor has provided about 125 summaries of arts research projects.
Some of the topics covered by the Arts Research Monitor that are available on the site:
- Arts advocacy
- Arts education
- Arts funding & finances
- Attendance & participation
- Benefits and impacts of the arts
- Creative class, cities, people, neighbourhoods
- Discipline-specific information (e.g., "Reading, writing, publishing and literacy")
- Diversity & immigration
- Human resources
- Organizational planning, management, governance & marketing
- State of the artist (earnings, labour force growth, etc.)
- Volunteers & donors
- Women in the arts
The development of ArtsResearchMonitor.com and the free public distribution of the Arts Research Monitor are made possible by funding from the Canada Council for the Arts and the Department of Canadian Heritage.